Exploding Fram filter -Reply

To: red912@acmenet.com, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Exploding Fram filter -Reply
From: Howard Young <hyoung@dhhmail.dhh.state.la.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 08:51:51 -0500
many,many yrs. ago when i worked at abap/geon store a very
knowledgable mechanic told me to never use Fram filters on Toyotas. i
did on a 1981 Corrola with very similar results ........have been using
them on my wife's Geo (with the Toyota engine) with no problems
....was recently told by another mech. only to use Toyota filters on
toyotas.....don't know specificly 'bout Porsches.................

                                                              YMMV,

                                                                   HoYo