Re: Watkins Glen- Group one's revenge...

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen- Group one's revenge...
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 14:34:06 -0500
S800Racer@aol.com sez:

>       The Team Escargot report of the Watkins Glen weekend:

>       In the qualifying race on sat. morning, we got the short end of the
>stick as
> far as weather was concerned with a wet session followed by a beautiful day
> for everybody else.

Gotta have some rain to keep the skills honed. Unfortunatly, even the best can
suffer the loss of traction. I think we had our group's only real damage when
the track was wet.

> finished 7th overall and second in class 1C (to a Lotus 6 with a 1500cc
> motor.

Excuse me? Group one is up to 1300cc, is it not?

>       I also heard the report of the HSR July race date for next year.

The word so far is July 10th weekend, and it will include F5000 as the Special,
and the Sprite-Mini Challenge.

How will a 948 Sprite fare at the Challenge? Can I still have fun, and go home
with my bodywork intact?

 Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)  http://www.wayward.team.net/
                  "The Wayward Sports Car Centre"