Re: What is Vintage?(long)

To: EHSMITH@us.oracle.com
Subject: Re: What is Vintage?(long)
From: A2002babe@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 20:32:30 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-18 00:26:12 EDT, EHSMITH writes:
>>I then went to a CSRG event at Thunderhill and had a great time but
 envied the guys with 'period' cars and 'period' history. "Vintage" to me,
 meant running car that was a "real" car, had history, and was pretty much
 prepped to period spec. Yes, this was a fairly exclusive club and these cars

 were relatively rare but that's the arena I was interested in playing in.
    My general thinking was that the rarity and value
 of the cars would produce a safer event and hopefully, drivers with stronger

 skills.   I recently bought a period restored 64 Vette roadster with a
strong
 verified history and am presently sorting the car (another story there....).

   I presume those would
 be drivers with lesser skills and/or with less invested emotionally or
 financially in their cars.<<
Oh really now? What would your opinion be if other people decided that YOU
didn't have enough invested either emotionally or financially in YOUR car??
Maybe the Ferrari guys don't want the likes of a lowly Corvette running with
their expensive Italian iron. Get my drift?? You need to get a grip on
yourself. Racing is and always has been a dangerouis sport. Cars get smashed
and people get hurt. If you're that concerned about your car, perhaps you
should stick to concours.

Sheree Wegeng
'73 914