Re: What is Vintage?(long)

To: "EHSMITH.US.ORACLE.COM" <EHSMITH@us.oracle.com>
Subject: Re: What is Vintage?(long)
From: Larry Moeller <elmo@inreach.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 20:32:16 -0700
well i think i agree... i have a "real" m471 germany built 914-6/gt and
i race with VARA ("x") and scca vintage & the car is an also-ran most of
the time but I have a lot of fun & appreciate the fact that most
everyone is racing cars that are NOT throwaways (different from my
experience at scca driver school with the "kids")  but i do want to plug
the scca driving philosophy here... scca vintage guys are NOT crash &
bash types, and having been thru several club schools, I gotta say that
i'd rather drive with scca folk who went thru the "tough" schooling &
know track etiquette than with the weekenders who have been to pca
driver education...( done that & it's a good time & you get to ride with
& be instructed by TOP drivers,,, best bargain in the universe!) or for
that matter done 2 days without incident in another club venue... yeah,
it's too bad that VARA has a bias against scca licences, but the neat
part is that the VARA "schooling" is a cake-walk  their safety reqmts
are above the norm.... so just endure it & have a good time ( a whole
lotta VARA  guys & gaLS ARE ALSO SCCA LICENSED!)