Re: I-43 Lane Closure (Historics @ RA)

To: utter914@execpc.com
Subject: Re: I-43 Lane Closure (Historics @ RA)
From: CLCSF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 11:13:46 -0400 (EDT)

<< Those of you coming up through Milwaukee on I-43 for Historics this week
 should be aware of one lane being closed on north bound I-43 at the
 Milwaukee/Ozaukee County line for about 2 miles which will result in
 backups, especially durning evening rush hours.  Also heard that Road
 America will not be allowing any competiors to paddock until Thursday a.m.
 due to the Shelby reunion going on this week.  Those of you planning on
 coming up Wednesday may want to call RA (1-800-365-RACE) to verify this >>
Thanks for the tip, I'm flying into Milw on Wed and driving to RA at rush
hour, do you suggest an alternate route or should I slug my way through?

Bill Parrish advised me yesterday about the Shelby Club conflict, what a mess
!!

Can you imagine all the transporters, including mine, backed up onto the hwy
trying to get in to the track ? The schedule calls for tech and registration
on Wed PM and practice on Thurs AM!! Hell, the cars wont be unloaded by then.

The Shelby Club has about 1000 people at the track, many of which are staying
for the Historic weekend and 600 entries are trying to get in the gate....
oops

See you at Siebkens

DonSF