'68 Fiat - potential race car

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '68 Fiat - potential race car
From: Cheryl Barnes <cbarnes@netnet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 09:06:17 -0500
There is a forlorn '68 (according to the owner) Fiat, complete
but rough in Appleton, Wisc., a scant 50 miles from Road America.

It is less than a mile from my home, and the owner said
he is "asking" $400.

Since the weather here has been decent the last week and I
haven't had to wear my state-issued sweatshirt or long johns,
the thought of a convertible has been very tempting.

Therefore, I think someone who truly needs a convertible
and a project car could scoop up this bargain (?) and
restore it to its former glory.

I don't speak Fiats; it has an emblem that says 1000.

The car is sitting in the yard of a home on Hwy 47, 1/2
mile north of Hwy 441.  The owners are retired and around
most of the time, and will be having a garage sale
for the next couple of weekends.

If anyone's interested, I'll be glad to drive by and
get the number and blast it off to you.

Since some of you may be coming this way for the races this
weekend, thought I would let you know about the car.

Hope to see you at the track, I'll be helping out rather than
racing this weekend.

Cheryl Barnes
FVee #94