RE: Pomona Reports??

To: "'MarkSmith'" <smith@eafb.mdc.com>,
Subject: RE: Pomona Reports??
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thrunet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:58:42 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From:   MarkSmith [SMTP:smith@eafb.mdc.com]
Sent:   Monday, May 19, 1997 1:57 PM
To:     MHKitchen@aol.com
Cc:     vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net

At 01:51 PM 5/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Can anybody out there report on the Pomona event??

As a cornerworker at the event, it appeared to be quite a success. =20

SNIP
VARA also seems to be cracking down quite hard on bad driving.  Lots of
people were sent down for a day, or even sent home for "stupid" =
mistakes.
Overall, fairly good driving, with minimal incidents (except the poor FF
driver who met with a tire wall). =20

SNIP
Mark "thumbs-up" Smith
Cornerworker

Any opinions on this new "points" system that SVRA used at Road America? =

You get points for various driving infractions... but can "work them =
off" by helping at events. Personally, I think this sucks. If a guys =
driving poorly, or is an endangerment to himself or other drivers, how =
is this penance going to cure the problem? Does this policy agree with =
VMC philosophy? Does this agree with you?=20

Judging by the quality level of some of the drivers last weekend... I'd =
say that some organizations must be issuing licenses pretty freely.

Wm. Severin Thompson
Team Thicko