Re: Can-Am Question

To: thomkuby@ridgecrest.ca.us
Subject: Re: Can-Am Question
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1996 9:55:37 PDT
Maybe so, but...  At a CSRG meet at Sears a while back, there was an
incredible duel between a UOP Shadow, and a McLaren.  I think they both
had 8.1 liter engines.  They were wheel to wheel the whole way around
the track.  The Earth definitely shook whan they roared past.  I think
everybody else in that run group was trying desperately to stay out of
the way of this duel.  At one point the driver of the Shadow messed up
downshifting to 1st for the hairpin at 11.  He hit the engine kill
switch instead!  The McLaren roared off, but I think he slacked off to
let the Shadow catch up so they could continue dicing. They were back
together on the next lap.