Re: [TR] Electric Fuel Pump Placement?

To: "'triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Electric Fuel Pump Placement?
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 08:45:14 -0700
> It has a glass bowl in which to view the
> presence or absence of fuel; a built-in filter;

You forgot to mention that the filter can be cleaned and reused
indefinitely, instead of needing to be replaced every year or two.
<g>

My luck hasn't been quite as good (or as long) as Ed's; but in almost 40
years of driving a series of more-or-less decrepit TRs, I don't recall ever
once having a trip interrupted by a fuel pump problem.  Only a small leak
now and again, like when I found that the original diaphragms don't stand up
to MTBE (and ethanol).

By way of contrast, I had only owned my Stag for a year or so, when the
electric fuel pump abruptly quit and would have stranded me if I didn't have
a spare along.  I also have fond memories of riding with a buddy in his MGA,
and thumping the electric fuel pump (through the convenient access panel
behind the seats) to keep us going down the road.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive