Re: [TR] Electric Fuel Pump Placement?

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net> s=q20121106; t=1366205705; bh=SOEHm6qsTuej8KLx73iWU2mntryW51wMF++QC9DzS+U=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=EuL5kUAkrhDy1ZtNybqABBtdibe0169+SmE6Y8f7Atr9N1ae0nGNJ5nWXbjh5X2Xk pGqPHxK181idOtJ7QXUD77D6l/l51edg0gEZVDG6h4onzX0wdRUycfukLD4oLn5MN3 SQD8ecIh1+EmonItjyXEq4xd6ziwBja2lPFA+ZHPADBuLyypOHcuuapA9Eizetll2N c0TgtNYp3sgkSIQa+sxiPVzh6t4zgBu+eTGAXJsLKJuMGS5Ux70TJCHwkdSK/yQaku hNm/0QNfwlRntL3fdfBPEwurGqZjq4e7U75HEIEA4Y14TfhxQUgqm0kDRREBRw3zGF n03Zt5WUOtniQ==
Subject: Re: [TR] Electric Fuel Pump Placement?
From: fogbro1@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:35:04 +0000 (UTC)
All,

I've had the same type of fuel pump on various TR3's and TR4's for over 50
years. Never had a failure, and, if I did, it's mounted right on the side of
the engine in plain view and can be reached with a 1/4" drive socket, not from
underneath the car, close to the gas tank, where I can't reach it, and can
only look at it while waiting for the recovery vehicle . It's very quiet and
does not vibrate; at least I cannot hear it above the normal engine and
exhaust noises. It requires no wiring or fuses: has no wiring connections that
can corrode, get oil soaked, catch fire, B or fall off. It has a glass bowl in
which to view the presence or absence of fuel; a built-in filter; and a
priming lever. If properly installed, it doesn't leak. It does not present an
additional fire hazard, requiring an inertia switch B in case of an accident,
because itB ceases to pump fuel B when the engine stops. It was made by AC of
England.

Well, at least this series of email exchanges didn't call it an "upgrade"!

Ed Woods

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive