Re: [TR] TR4 originality questions

To: "'Gary Grant'" <61TR4ever@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 originality questions
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 10:15:36 -0800
> Is this the clip you refer to?  It is original on my late TR4:
>
> http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/Ahwahnee18/OilPressu
> reFlexLineClip.jpg
>
> Looks rather like:
>
> http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/SearchResults.aspx?SearchText=5
> 89-080&WebCatalogID=0

That is the 59380 clip, as shown at
http://goo.gl/9Rn47

The other hard line clip, at the fuel pump stud, is PN 102227.

IMO, 100148 is either a mistake that was never corrected, or an early
(possibly even pre-) production change.  I've seen lots of TR3s that still
had the original flex line, and have never seen any indication that there
was ever any sort of clip on the flex line itself.  As someone already
pointed out, using a clip on the flex line would be counter-productive,
since it would keep part of the line from flexing as the engine moves on its
mounts.  Supporting the ends (with the clips on the hard lines) makes more
sense.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html