[TR] TR4 originality questions

To: "list Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 originality questions
From: "Gary Grant" <61TR4ever@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 07:31:33 -0500
It's been a while since there's been an active discussion on TR4
originality, but I have some questions.

1. There were 3 different panels used for the minor gauges. The first, used
up to 4397CT, had an aluminum panel stamped with a hatched pattern. In
addition, there was a panel painted in a black wrinkle finish and a steel
panel coated with an embossed leather grain. Can anyone that has the wrinkle
painted version tell me if it is aluminum like the early version or steel
like the later version?

2. The short oil pressure flexible line was clipped to the body using clip
100148 (same as the TR3). This clip is not available from the usual sources
and I can find no photos. The same clip was used to clip the tachometer
cable to the battery hook bracket on the TR4. Does anyone have a photo of
this clip? I am NOT referring to the clips used for the hard lines (one on
the fuel pump stud and two on the body).

3. My project TR4 (CT 1547 L) has vinyl trim on the inside of the windshield
frame. I'm fairly sure it is original because it goes umder the chrome
windshield capping and the capping rivets are punched through the trim. In
his originality book, Bill Piggot mentions that the trim was on all cars
from the TR4 through the TR6 and his photos support this. However the trim
does not appear in the spare parts catalogs until the TR4A and I have seen
several examples where the inside frame is painted body color. Any comments
on this?

Gary

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html