Re: [TR] TR4 originality questions

To: Gary Grant <61TR4ever@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 originality questions
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 09:21:18 -0500
Gary,

No answer on 1, my 4 is a 63 and has the coated panel with the vinyl grain.
For 2, I think the clip you are thinking of is a brass clip that
attaches the steel line from the oil filter assembly to the fuel pump
stud. I just checked my setup and there is no clip attached to the flex
line. It is real short and just curls around and attaches to the steel
line to the gauge. That line has at least 2 clips that attach to the
firewall of the engine bay. The flex line needs to flex and therefore
wouldn't be attached to the body.

On #3, I replaced the vinyl with some thin vinyl supplied by Macy's Garage.

I also had posted that query and they answered. What they have is some
thin black vinyl and they supply a length that you have to cut. It is
not that hard but you must be patient as the curves and the lower 3
attachment points are a bit of a pain.

Also, in order to make a nice smooth transition between the horizontal
and the vertical, I folded the top and bottom edges and glued them first
before they were applied to the frame thus overlapping the verticals.
Also be careful when you attach the windsield seal on both the bottom
and the glass to insure it overlaps the vinyl. You can contact Macys at:
http://www.macysgarage.com/index.html

Bob

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html