[TR] Repairing an SU Carb Body

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Repairing an SU Carb Body
From: Allan Reich <areich@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:32:32 -0700
I recently discovered the pivot hole for the choke lever on the front SU
carb of my TR3A had been stuck together with JB Weld by the PO but
recently broke off when I had the head and the manifolds off.
I am inquiring about getting the little piece welded back on.
One respected advice-giver said "  .. can't be done .. it's pot metal
and the body will just melt if you touch it with heat!".
Another respected advice-giver said " .. a common problem, it's just
aluminum and you can get it welded .. we do it all the time!".
So I thought I would go to the group and inquire if anybody has repaired
an SU Carb body.
Allan Reich
Vancouver   1960 TR3A   1 TS65713L

===     http://www.vtr.org