[TR] TR6 Rear Hub question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR6 Rear Hub question
From: mark creek <coffeycreek@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 23:14:13 -0700 (PDT)
My first post.  After putting my new used hub on I see that two of the six nuts
will not tighten on the brake backing plate.  I understand they are to be
tightened to 10 foot pounds only.  One of the bolts pulls all the way out and
the nut on the one next to it continues to turn without tightening.  A friend
said that JB weld would be fine or evern Red thread locker.  Any thoughts as to
using these options verses Heli Coil for the fix.  It doesnt seem that there is
lots of pressure on these bolts that two left untightened would hurt anything.
Thanks

  Mark
  Flagstaff, AZ

===     http://www.vtr.org