RE: [TR] TR3A door caps, etc, help needed

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A door caps, etc, help needed
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:07:35 -0800
> Maybe the trick is, as one guy said, 'not minding'.

As we've discussed many times, these cars were crude and far from perfect when
they left the factory.  A large part of their appeal was their affordability ...
otherwise people would have bought Jaguars.

Low cost means compromises in fit and finish; the mix of leather and vinyl is a
perfect example.

So, if your goal is to restore to "as original", then you should embrace the
flaws.

Personally, I've found that having the carpet not match the drapes makes no
difference to the driving experience !
<G>

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org