RE: [TR] TR3A door caps, etc, help needed

To: <zoboherald@aol.com>, <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A door caps, etc, help needed
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 15:55:26 -0000

I have noticed several errors in transcription from the Heritage documents.
One of our cars, a 1968 Triumph 2000 Saloon (sedan) was shown on the
Heritage certificate as having vynide trim. That car was late enough to have
the trim codes recorded on the commission plate, including the "H" prefix to
denote leather (hide). I contacted Heritage and a new certificate was issued
with the correct details.
While I appreciate that it can be difficult to read old data recorded on
microfiche. Nevertheless, how many of these errors go unreported and are
accepted as fact by less well informed owners? I know some people hae ended
up painting their cars the wrong colours because of Heritage errors,
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232