Re: [TR] TR3A door caps, etc, help needed

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A door caps, etc, help needed
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:38:11 -0700
DLylis@aol.com wrote:

>...If the rest of the trim, dash, etc. is vinyl how do you match the grain and
>color?

The kit I got from Moss had the mix of leather (dash rail, door caps,
and that curvy bit) and vinyl (rear caps and dash).  The grain does not
match... the leather is smooth and the vinyl has a pronounced leather
grain.  The color match and sheen are fine but they are both black and
that doesn't vary much.  For that matter, the top, tonneau, seats
(leather & vinyl) and stick cover also have variations in surface look.

Maybe the trick is, as one guy said, 'not minding'.

Geo

===     http://www.vtr.org