Re: [TR] Spitfire SU Carbs

To: DLylis@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Spitfire SU Carbs
From: "Roger Elliott" <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:45:25 -0600
I thought that the fuel level might be too high.  I double checked my
Haynes manual.  It says 1/8".  Joe Curto's directions said 3/16".  So I
think I am in range on the float level.  Even if it was set a little high,
I would think it would shut off the flow of gas before it got to the vent
holes.

The gas is spraying out of the vents as soon as the car starts running.  I
would be surprised if the car was burning as much as was coming out the
vent holes.

Thank you for your help.

Roger

===     http://www.vtr.org