Re: [TR] Question about a lead on my TR6 solenoid

To: jimhearn1@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Question about a lead on my TR6 solenoid
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 14:45:39 EST
In a message dated 11/12/2006 12:08:14 AM Central Standard Time,
jimhearn1@comcast.net writes:
> On the solenoid of my '74 TR6 I have two spade leads.  One is for the
> ignition wire and of course it was hooked up but there is another almost
> half the size of the ignition lead and it had nothing connected to it.  Does
> anyone know what this lead on the solenoid is for?  Thanks, Jim

That is for the ballast resistor bypass wire.  However, your car uses a
terminal on the starter relay to bypass the ballast resistor so nothing gets
hooked
to the terminal on the solenoid of your car.  The 73 model was the first year
for the ballasted coil and did use the solenoid terminal.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org