RE: [TR] Question about a lead on my TR6 solenoid

To: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Question about a lead on my TR6 solenoid
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 00:02:58 -0800
> On the solenoid of my '74 TR6 I have two spade leads.  One is for the
> ignition wire and of course it was hooked up but there is another almost
> half the size of the ignition lead and it had nothing connected to it.  Does
> anyone know what this lead on the solenoid is for?

On a 74 or 75, it's left open.  On other years, it gets a white/yellow wire that
goes to the hot terminal on the ignition coil; to supply full battery voltage to
the coil while cranking.  On 74-75, the white/yellow is connected to the starter
relay instead of the solenoid.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org