Re: TR3 liners (removed)

To: Popnglo@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 liners (removed)
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 11:44:50 -0500
>HHHHmmm. I was not considering having the block boiled since I had not
>contemplated removing the engine unless I had to. The problem (blow by) I
>had been
>experiancing seems found with the condition of the rings and the one
>piston. If
>I was to pull the block then I'd have to address crankshaft and camshaft,
>that don't currently seem to exhibit any serious problem, which in itself
>is not
>a bad idea, just more involved (and $$$).
>
>Where and how does one draw the line?
>
>Ed (58TR3A)

In general, if a part is a major pain to remove, I do everything I can to it
before putting it back in. In addition, I do everything I can to the area
that was uncovered by the part's removal.

More downtime at first, but may save downtime in the long run.

Note: This policy is subject to change depending on the project, bank
account, energy, etc.

John H.

===     http://www.vtr.org