Re: head removal

To: themoody5@msn.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: head removal
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:27:30 EST
In a message dated 11/10/2005 8:53:52 PM Central Standard Time,
themoody5@msn.com writes:
> can now see a slight gap between the head and the block. The head still
> doesn't want to come off though.  I know I not supposed to lever it off, but
>
> it sure seems tempting.  Any ideas much appreciated.  Thanks.

It is either still stuck to part of the block in which case more "rope trick"
will free it up or it is stuck on the studs.  Removing the studs or at least
turning the studs will free that up.  One trick I have never tried so let us
know if it works is if you have an engine hoist to fix the lifting chains to
the rocker shaft studs and raise the engine about 1/8 inch off the ground so
that the weight of the block is pulling the two apart.

Good luck

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org