head removal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: head removal
From: "JONATHAN MOODY" <themoody5@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:49:41 -0500
I remember seeing something somewhere about putting a piece of rope in the
spark pluh hole and using the engine to pop the head off.  This engine is
not in a car so I cant use a starter, but I tried it using the fan to turn
the engine over and after one broken fan blade and one skinned knuckle, I
can now see a slight gap between the head and the block. The head still
doesn't want to come off though.  I know I not supposed to lever it off, but
it sure seems tempting.  Any ideas much appreciated.  Thanks.

Jon

===     http://www.vtr.org