RE: head removal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: head removal
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:02:13 -0800
> One trick I have never tried so let us
> know if it works is if you have an engine hoist to fix the lifting chains to
> the rocker shaft studs and raise the engine about 1/8 inch off the ground so
> that the weight of the block is pulling the two apart.

I've tried that one on a TR3A ... didn't work.  Couldn't keep the head from
tilting and binding against the studs.  Engine was still in the car, and I
lifted the front wheels off the ground.

But it appeared to be mostly stuck to the block rather than to the studs.  After
prying between a rocker stud & a head stud at each end to loosen it, I was able
to lift the head off (over the studs) by hand.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org