Re: TR1 Cutaway drawing?

To: Hoyt <hoyt@cavtel.net>
Subject: Re: TR1 Cutaway drawing?
From: James Ruffner <jar@aldermanroad.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:09:06 -0500
Hoyt wrote:

>http://tinyurl.com/bkxph
>
>Isn't that a cutaway drawing of a TR1, not a TR2? Bigger than A4 would be
>nicer; does anybody know the source of the illustration? Any cutaways for
>later Triumphs?
>
>It really doesn't look bad. I'm surprised someone hasn't made a reproduction.

Yeppers, that's the car that was first shown at the Earl's Court
autoshow in the early '50s.  You can see in the look of the tail the
style that was so popular in the late, pre-war '30s, in many cars, from
BMWs to Jags.  The MG A used it also, but without the trunk mounted
spare.  Triumph dropped this for the squared back that became the
standard mark of the TR-2s and -3s.

Cheers.

===     http://www.vtr.org