Re: TR1 Cutaway drawing?

To: Dave1massey@cs.com, hoyt@cavtel.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR1 Cutaway drawing?
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:36:06 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave1massey@cs.com

  In a message dated 11/10/2005 10:55:50 AM Central Standard Time,
hoyt@cavtel.net writes:
> Isn't that a cutaway drawing of a TR1., not a TR2?....
>
> It really doesn't look bad. I'm surprised someone hasn't made a
> reproduction.

Indeed.  Seeing as how the more anachronistic it is the more appeal it
has.
The lack of usable trunk should be no obstacle.  Look at the Bugeye
Sprite.

==AM==
Bugeyes have a lot of usable space; it's just so da*ned difficult to
get to any of it. :-)

And to be painfully correct, the car depicted in the cutaway drawing
is, of course, the 1952 Earl's Court Motor Show Triumph Sports (type
20TS), only later "nicknamed" TR1. I, too, have always rather liked the
appearance of this car, with that spare wheel/rear body treatment
somewhat reminiscent of the Morgans. But given the number of sidescreen
TRs sold, I suppose that Standard-Triumph probably made the right
decision to offer some luggage space.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org