TR6 hard starting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 hard starting
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:23:15 -0600
My 71 TR6 is very hard to start after being run at high speed and
then shut off. It always has been. Cold starting is no problem. I'm
out of ideas. Anybody got an idea I haven't tried?

Here's what has been done with no improvement:

1. Engine overhauled
2. Checked timing lots of times
3. Tried both Pertronix and standard ignition, no change
4. New coil, wires, plugs of different heat ranges
5. Converted to SU carbs - great in every application except above
6. changed float level up and down

i'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks

uncle jack