Update on Stuck Hood on '74 TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Update on Stuck Hood on '74 TR6
From: gganoung@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:12:10 -0500
I ended up taking the car to my body man. He had a tool long enough to release
the secondary hood latch. The secondary latch had hooked around the bolt that I
put in for the emergency release cam. He reversed the bolt and ground down the
head so there's no chance of interference with bolt and rerouted the pull wire.
He says its works like a charm. He straightened the hood, pulled the dent in
the fender and repainted the hood and fender - good as new.
And I'm all of $450 lighter. I wonder if the emergency release was worth it.

===     http://www.vtr.org