Winterizing a TR6

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Winterizing a TR6
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:38:54 -0500
A warning - I parked my TR6 last winter with a full tank of
gas.  When I went out to start it a few weeks later, it was
sluggish (it ALWAYS starts first time) and the oil pressure
did not come right up. Turns out the float valve was stuck
in the rear carb and some of the gas was now in the sump.
Luckily I didn't run it this way and there was no residual
damage (except for the stain on the garage floor when I at-
tempted to drain a couple of gallons of oil/gas mixture into
a too small container... live and learn).

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH/ Highland, NY

===     http://www.vtr.org