Re: Update on Stuck Hood on '74 TR6

To: GGanoung@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Update on Stuck Hood on '74 TR6
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:53:19 EST
In a message dated 11/10/2005 4:17:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gganoung@aol.com writes:

I wonder  if the emergency release was worth it.

Just my opinion:  No Way!  There will none of those on my  TR's.  I will use
my sawed off broomstick handle if the worst  happens. The one broomstick use
so far was really my bad do to poor bonnet  adjustment.  I will keep the
bonnets adjusted properly and make sure that  small safety fastener is on the
end of
the release wire.  Of course I as  usual may have the minority opinion but as
they were is fine with me. I will  deal a snapped wire once or twice in a
lifetime.
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org