reproduction car?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: reproduction car?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:40:58 -0600
Think of the possibility of purchasing a new frame, mating it with a
new TR6 Heritage body. No rust, good body, could be the start of
something great. And after several restorations, I know that buying a
new body is WAY cheaper than stripping for paint, repairing the tin,
etc on a rusty one. Starting with this combination, a guy could even
install a Datsun 240Z diff and superior rear axles and forever
eliminate the clunking. Of course, the Toyota five speed trans would
be neat too. Now if there was a really superior higher hp, lighter
engine that would be nice. A V8 is nice but I don't like the idea of
modifying frame, trans, steering, headers. I want something easy.
Tantalizing possibilities.

uncle jack

===     http://www.vtr.org