Re: reproduction car?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: reproduction car?
From: Don Spence <dkspence@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:19:43 -0700
The "Ford" Probe was built by Mazda and could be had with the Mazda
2.2L 12 valve SOHC intercooled turbocharged engine.
The  GT powerplant added    a Mitsubishi/IHI turbocharger and an
intercooler to the intake tract, as well as a knock sensor and
electronic boost control to the engine-control system.    The entire
arrangement was calibrated to provide midrange output; the maximum
boost pressure rises to 9.3 psi in the vicinity of 3000 rpm, tapering
down to 7.3 psi elsewhere. The results were 145 hp at a 4300 rpm power
peak and a healthy 167 foot/pounds of torque at 2000 rpm that increased
to 190 foot/pounds of torque at 3500 rpm.

Never driven a Probe (hate Fords) but my daily is a 91 Mazda 626 GT
with the 2,2 Turbo. As they say... ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!!
That's an engine I'd like to put in a TR except it's a sidewinder. : (

===     http://www.vtr.org