RE: overdrive lube

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: overdrive lube
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:19:10 -0800
> I guess Mr. King, of King Oil Products, who I brought in as a
> speaker for my
> Aircraft Recip Engine Lubrication Systems course, was wrong. So was that
> literature he handed out.

Well, if he said that most people are more likely to understand "SAE grade
30 oil" than "30 weight oil", then yes, I'd say he was wrong.  Even if he
did write that in a pamphlet.

I know a retired college professor that insists "ain't" isn't a word too ...
but it's in common use, therefore it is a word, no matter what the
"authorities" say.  English is defined by usage, not by what some musty old
book says.

Randall - "I say to-may-to, you say to-mah-to."

===     http://www.vtr.org