Replacing Rear Springs - Anything Else At The Same Time?

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Replacing Rear Springs - Anything Else At The Same Time?
From: Marty Clark <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:28:19 -0700
I'm going to be taking my 74 TR6 (39,700 miles) in to have the rear
springs replaced with the stiffer but same ride height springs. Not
something I think I can handle. My question is as long as I'm having
that done is there anything else that it makes sense to have done at
the same time? I am not mechanically inclined and have never done any
engine work but have done minor other things like pulled the gas tank
to have it boiled out and treated and I replaced the master brake
cylinder (but someone else had to bleed the system). I'm not looking
to rebuild the suspension or convert to tube shocks just general
maintenance because I'm sure nothing has been touched in this area.

The car has a definite rear squat and the bottom of the rear tires are
further out than the top half. I got the car a year ago from my sister
after it sat in her garage for 12 years. She got it when it was 2
years old. It was not "put away" when she parked it, she just put a
cover on it. I found a guy that worked on old Jags and he got the car
into running shape and the only major item at the time were
replacement carbs. The redline tires even re-inflated and after some
slow trips around the block the flat spots were gone and they are
still on the car today. Other than the new master brake cylinder and
carbs the car is stock. I've put 2,000 miles on it and love driving
it. The body looks real good along with the interior except a 1" tear
on one seat and the seat foam is falling apart.

Thanks for any feedback.

--
Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ