re. Going retro with cassette tapes

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, mhooper@digiscreen.ca
Subject: re. Going retro with cassette tapes
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:55:28 -0800 (PST)
I can give a personal testimonial for this unit since I purchased it about 5
months ago.   It does work both directions (from digital to tape and from tape
to digital).  I love it.  I used to use the cassette deck method previously
that was mentioned by another lister, but this unit is much more convenient if
you plan to do a lot of transferring.  Its fairly simple to install.  Best
price that I found was on meritline.com.   One note:  you cannot install it in
an external USB drive enclosure like you can with many hard drives.  The way it
wires up requires that it be installed inside a bay on your PC.

One other note.  I recommend that you have a good WAV editor software to use on
the files that you transferred from your old cassettes.  The PlusDeck software
is very basic and doesn't do anything other than covert the files.  It doesn't
offer any editing or sound engineering features.  It simply converts analog
audio to either MP3 or WAV (your choice of format and sample rate) or from
MP3/WAV to analog.

Greg H
Denton, TX