Spark Plugs...Ignition Upgrade

To: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spark Plugs...Ignition Upgrade
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:18:56 -0800 (PST)
Hey, Everyone,

Believe it or not, I've had the same spark plugs in my TR4 since I
replaced them when I got the car in '98. They still look okay, but since
the car is getting a new cylinder head, I thought I'd splurge for some new
plugs as well.

I sourced the champions from Moss, and as I recall, they were a model that
is rarely carried by most auto parts distributors.

What other species of sparkplug work well in these tractor motors?

Anybody use regular (non-platinum) Bosch plugs? Have a part #?

Finally, I'm thinking of maybe going to a Capacitive Discharge Ignition.
There a numerous brands on the market. What kinds have we seen used on the
4-cylinder TRs that work well?

-jeffrey