Wiper Motor

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiper Motor
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:45:14 -0700
Imagine my surprise when I opened up the wiper motor to replace that
reddish wire that goes the gearhead and discovered one of the brushes
was missing.  Found that guy resting in one of the nooks of the back
plate -- it had obviously never been used having apparently fallen out
of place when the motor assembled back in 1959.

Thing is the wipers have always worked fine with the brush bracket
operating as a brush.  Made a couple of grooves in the armature but
otherwise okay.  Nothing to learn here other than an example of what can
be wrong yet go unnoticed.  Good thing I never did a lot of driving in
the rain.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ