Re: Tr3 wiring harness replacement querys

To: "Jim Lee" <sasjzl@netzero.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tr3 wiring harness replacement querys
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:24:51 -0500
>I am thinking that the time has come to damn the >torpedos and get a new
wiring harness, the getting of >which will of course be the easiest part.
>Jim Lee

Fred Thomas's suggestion is, as usual, excellent.  Snip off wires at their
junctions.  I would add that you might want to review the wiring diagrams
you can access and cross reference the color codes actually on your car
against the diagrams.  Anything that doesn't match, trace the wire until you
find where it goes and which color it was supposed to be. (Over the 40 years
of your car's existence, people will have rewired stuff with whatever color
vinyl clad copper wire was handy.)  Major headache after the fact.  Snap
photos of everything before you do it.  Probably wasted effort, but ....

You're doing the right thing.  In the navy during Viet Nam, I worked the
electronics on some aircraft left over from World War II.  You couldn't
possible believe some of the weird stuff that electronic components do when
age changes their values.  (Whoops, sorry, that begins to sound like me!)

Let me know if you need an electrical diagram.  If the list advises me I'm
not breaking any copyrights or list codes of conduct, I'll snail mail you a
photocopy from one or two of my maintenance books.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A