Re: Tr3 wiring harness replacement querys

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tr3 wiring harness replacement querys
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:18:51 -0000 hAJNKRGx021990
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>

> Anyone know when the change from cloth-covered wire happened ?

Hi Randall,
    I can't pretend to be knowledgable about TRs, but the 1959 Heralds were
delivered with either cloth or plastic wrapped looms. I have examined several
otherwise identical examples which suggest that there was no clear cut-off
point, but a substantial overlap between the 2 types of loom, suggesting that
there were 2 suppliers to the factory at this time. This may or may not be
reflected in the TR range,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--