Air Compressor Redux

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Air Compressor Redux
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 20:57:39 EST
To those who provided advice to the lister who was asking about air
compressor purchase -- I'm also looking to buy one to drive an air ratchet,
impulse
wrench, maybe basic painting, etc.  I wanted a unit with wheels that used 110V
so
that I could use it for more than just work on the 6 (I know, I know, is
there anything else worthwhile?) and have narrowed the choice to two units --
Sears Craftsman and a Campbell Hausfield.  Here are the specs:
Sears  6 HP  33 Gal. 8.6 SCFM at 40PSI and 6.4 SCFM at 90PSI
CH     6.25HP 28 Gal. 7.4 SCFM at 40PSI and 6.1 SCFM at 90 PSI

Anyone have any personal experience with either brand since the specs look
evenly matched?  Price is about $20 higher for the Sears so roughly equal.  I'm
leaning toward the Sears primarily due to larger tank.  As always, advice from
the experienced is greatly appreciated.

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6