Head Studs

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head Studs
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:42:46 -0500
Hi List!
    Replacing Head Studs with new, would defiantly remove the though of
having any threads 'stretched'. When I rebuild my engine [figuring that
it wasn't used more than 5 yr.], I chose NOT to replace my Head Studs &
did NOT 'chase the threads' that enter into the block.    BUT!    I DID
purchase new Head Nuts that are longer than the stock ones. The stock
Head Nuts will be about 1" long & have about 10 threads/inch. The longer
Head Nuts, I purchased from Ken G. of BFE, are about 1 1/2" long & have
about 15 Threads/inch. Therefore, you are adding about 5 threads/inch
MORE holding power on threads that have NEVER had a chance to stretch.
I've had NO Problem pertaining to the Head Stud, So Far after one yr. of
driving or about 4,500 miles. :-)  Just some in put on this thread.
-Cosmo Kramer