RE: Silicone brake fluid

To: "'Bob Rochlin'" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Silicone brake fluid
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:59:39 -0500
If using silicone brake fluid would void any Apple Hydraulics warranty
then I would not let Apple perform any work on my hydraulic components.
I've been using synthetic fluids in CF38690UO for 10 years now with no
leaks and excellent performance. I never had performance from DOT 4 that
matched the synthetic fluid.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

    I've got to say that in the many years I've been working on cars the
one problem I haven't had was moisture contamination of brake fluid.  I
recently got a rebuilt master for my TR6 from apple hydraulics and in
the accompanying literature it specifically instructed not to use
silicone brake fluid. Leaking being the problem I believe.
    I do think its a real advantage to use a product that does not
damage the engine compartment  paint, but that is an issue for
collectible cars as for most "regular" cars a little spilled brake fluid
is the least of insults endured. Bob Rochlin 72' TR 6