Silicone brake fluid

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silicone brake fluid
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:52:21 -0500 FILETIME=[C59162C0:01C3AAE8]
    I've got to say that in the many years I've been working on cars the one
problem I haven't had was moisture contamination of brake fluid.  I recently
got a rebuilt master for my TR6 from apple hydraulics and in the accompanying
literature it specifically instructed not to use silicone brake fluid.
Leaking being the problem I believe.
    I do think its a real advantage to use a product that does not damage the
engine compartment  paint, but that is an issue for collectible cars as for
most "regular" cars a little spilled brake fluid is the least of insults
endured.
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6