re: Transport of Parts to Canada

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Transport of Parts to Canada
From: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:33:11 -0400
>>Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:48:36 -0400
>>From: Mike Himelfarb <mhimelfarb@shoppersdrugmart.ca>
>>Subject: Transport of Parts to Canada
>>
>>I won an auction on eBay for a new TR6 rear fender and the seller (in
>>North Carolina) has no experience shipping to Canada.  Any suggestions
>>for the cheapest/safest way to get it shipped to Toronto?

>Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:27:02 -0400
>From: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
>Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #1688

>Hi Mike, what ever you do, don't use UPS.  They have outrageous brokage
>fees.  The cheapest way is to use the postal service

I agree with Dave's sentiments however I expect a fender is beyond the
size/weight limit for the post office.

You can ship by bus in Canada, I don't know if Greyhound in the US is
interconnected.

Whatever you do make sure the seller has a customs form (available from post
office, ups etc..) with the declared value.  Otherwise there's all sorts of
hassles at this end.