Sidecurtain Repair

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sidecurtain Repair
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:15:34 EDT
In a fit of DIY, I'm taking the budget route first.

I'm replacing the plexiglass stationary windows (as opposed to the sliding
panels) in my sidecurtains. Both stationery pieces are currently missing. I
plan
to have new panels cut by my friendly plexiglass shop here in Indy.

I notice from photos that there appears to be an edging or capping along the
inside vertical edge of the stationary window. If so, what is its function?
Does it keep the two windows from sliding against each other? Is it essential
have it in place? What's it made of?

Also, what is the amount of overlap between the stationary and sliding
windows, measured horizontally, when the sliding window is fully closed?

Given that the curtains are primarily for "emergency use", I'm going to try a
DIY repair in lieu of having them sent out to TRF for the full Monty.

Many thanks.

Bill Stagg
1961 TR3A