Re:Fuel Pump Rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Fuel Pump Rebuild
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 22:58:13 -0700 (PDT)
I happen to have rebuilt my TR3 AC fuel pump yesterday. I was kind of
surprised to not have the seal along the membrane shaft in the
rebuild kit and was considering making one with a piece of neoprene
and 2 hole punches. What was really incredible was that the membrane
plane on the main body (i.e. the plane where the membrane is supposed
to seal) was ... not plane at all. It was actually bowed by more than
1mm peak to peak. I had to plane most of it and I hope the compliance
of the rubber will do the rest.
Pot-metal deforming over time??? I'll have to look into the physics
of this phenomenon...
BTW, the pump was only loosely assembled, attached to my spare engine
for years.

FRancois