Re: fog/driving light wiring in vintage rally cars

To: bereza@pobox.com
Subject: Re: fog/driving light wiring in vintage rally cars
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:36:01 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
You could use a three way switch, but I wouldn't. I've often been
in driving situations where there's oncoming traffic, so beams
need to get dipped at times, but I want all the light I can get.

A rally car of that era would have had the extra fuses (perhaps all the
fuses) mounted in front of the navigator for easy diagnosis and change.

> Which begs the question, what kind
> of horns did the rally cars use; stock?

No - there's a picture of Kas hovering over one of the rally TR4s
with a pair of air horns mounted on the driver's side where the
stock horn would be. I've not had good luck with the cheapy air
horns that are available now, so I've ended up using the Hella
Supertone (I think that's what they're called) horns - a beefed
up version of the original disk-style horn. Mounts up pretty easily
where the stock horn goes, used the original relay. Look at
www.rallylights.com