Re: fog/driving light wiring in vintage rally cars

To: Randall Young <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: fog/driving light wiring in vintage rally cars
From: Bill Bereza <bereza@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 12:35:05 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 08:38:00AM -0700, Randall Young wrote:
> > I'll be
> > putting in a new brown wire direct from the battery just for the lights.
>
> Just a thought ... when you're running down the road (which presumably is
> when you need bright lights the most), the highest voltage is not at the
> battery, but rather at the alternator output terminal.

Thanks for the idea.

> Also, if your alternator has a Lucar connector for the main output, I would
> seriously consider changing it for something a little more positive.  I've

My TR6 currently has a rebuilt Lucas alternator (not sure of the model since
there is no plate on it). I might look into that Bosch or GM alternator
upgrade. Since my TR6 is a later model, I don't need to worry about an
ammeter, but I'm not sure if I have a high output alternator like it should.

Bill
'74 TR6