Re: Overdrive Solenoid help (long explanation)

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Solenoid help (long explanation)
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:47:37 -0400
 the original setup from the factory had a rubber plug in the raised
boss/arm in the O/D case that the lever sets on, this plug then raised the
plunger about 1/4" higher for a shorter pickup into the solenoid,  I had
this problem so many times in the past I insert a oval headed thin bolt into
this hole and the plunger engages properly, the thanks for this service
bulletin is Brian Schlroff @ Power-British, I do not think Scott Tilton has
a burned out solenoid, just too long of a reach for the plunger.  "FT"